Consumer Law, Warranties Home Improvement contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

orchid

I got an estimate for 2 porch posts fix that went from $450 to $750. Yes, I was stupid to sign the contract without getting another estimate. I signed the contract the same evening. The estimate went up because the contractor told me that the work would include removing the cap/soffit to support the roof. This work was not written specifically in the contract. Since he came recommended from a friend, I did not make sure that the contract was 100% correct. Another stupid thing to do.
Anyway, he did not do that piece of work. He said it cannot be done. Since he specifically did not write down that piece of work, my imperssion now is that he found a way to rip me out another $300 and he wrote the contract that way.

My question is : what can I do since it's not specify in the contract? Can I at least put a complaint in for that business? Can I also tell the person who recommended him about what happened? Can I aslo let others know about this because I definetly do not want others to fall in the same trap?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back