HOA Issues with Site Condo Zoning, can we get the zoning changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyy1023

We purchased a home in Dundee, MI with a new developer in the area. When we purhcased there was advertising for many items that have not been delivered as well as request for Bylaws. During this time nothing has been done. We also have an issue with the HOA dues. At the time of purchase we had HOA dues with the amount of $275 per year. Since that time of moving in, November 2006, the developer has turned the property over to the bank, filed bankrupcy, and we are now being managed by a management company, Kramer-Triad Management Group L.L.C.

Since the time of moving in our HOA fee went from $275 per year to $450 per year. The development is no longer building houses and we are only at 22% of Phase 1. We pay for items that we do not get, we pay for services we do not get.

Here are some answers to some questions I asked at a recent meeting:

1. Why did the dues go up $200? Dues are based on the number of homes in the subdivision, the more the homes the less the dues per house. The less the homes and higher the expenses the more the dues per household.
2. If we pay the dues what actually is going to be done, since nothing has been done to this date? The 2008 actual expenditures are listed on the budget as "proposed 2008"
3. Why do we need Kramer Triad at all? The management company handles all insurance liability, payment of bills, coordinating of bids for work done in the common areas and orchestras the meetings. The management fee is a small percentage of of annual dues.
4. Can we get rid of the association since we are not developed to this point? Our subdivision is zoned by the village as a "site condo" therefore we are required to have an association.
5. Why are all the home owners paying for a gazebo that was built by the developer? The percentage of our dues that has gone to the gazebo has been for a "maintenance fund" so that in the future it can be painted or maintained.
6. How much did it cost since we are the ones paying for it? Why was this not disclosed when we bought the house?
7. How long do we have to pay for it?
8. When will we get our $600 mailboxes? There is no timeline on our mailboxes. The US Postmaster will not allow us to have individual mailboxes. The postmaster sees our subdivision as a "rural route" therefore does not want to put in individual mailboxes.

See attachments for Budget.
They are images scanned in to PDF format that I had to copy to a word doc and zip up because the file was too large.

My main question is what can I do?

I feel stuck and a lot of this was never disclosed and many of us feel we are being taken advantage of, being forced to accept something we never had a say in.

Is it possible to change the zoning from a site condo to just residential?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back