Hoa Fines - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashina74

Hello,

I own a rental SFH property in AZ and have a tenant living there. I have a property management company that I hired since I live out of state and can not manage it myself.

I recently received a letter from the HOA that say the tenant is violating HOA codes (front yard have no covering and trash can is kept outside the property) for the 8 months. It included a copy of 8 letters mailed to my management company about this matter. It seems that the HOA always mailed the violation letters and notices to my management company (they have their mailing address on file) and never to me till this point of time.

My management company did not made the tenant correct the violation till now and now I have accumulated fines of $975 to pay in fines and threat of legal actions.

I was only contacted by the management company about this issue once few months ago by a short email. I replied and asked them to make tenant correct the violation since it is tenant responsibility. Shortly after I was informed by them that the issue has been resolved and I believed them.

I have proof of all this in writing and all in my email correspondence from my management company.

I was very surprised and upset when I recently received the letter from the HOA explaining that the matter was never resolved and now HOA put $975 fines and threat to start legal actions against me.

I have contacted my management company immediately and expressed my disappointment from the way they didn't do their duty. I have sent them a complaint letter.

My manager claims they send the tenant letters about it but he didn't comply. When I asked why I was not informed and actually was misinformed she did not have an answer. Now her advice is to start eviction process in 7 days and she sent tenant last eviction notice

My questions are:

It is clear that my management company didn't do their job and due to their incompetence I now have HOA fines. How should I deal with it?

What is the eviction process in AZ? Should I be present their?

Should I pay HOA fines myself out of my pocket?

Should I sue my management company? If yes, how?

How to deal with the HOA fine? Can I ask or appeal the fines since I never received the letters from the HOA and my management company misleads me by informing me that it was resolved?

What will be the best way to deal with this?

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back