HOA discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzyc77

We moved bought a new house and never had a HOA before. We were told when signing our contracts that we would receive our welcome packet from the HOA within a few days, we didn't realize it was important. Fast forward 2 months and we get a fence installed. We brought the fence halfway up the house, and someone in our neighborhood has it to the front of their house. We also got our permit from the city . Next thing you know, we get a letter saying we are in violation because the fence can only go to the back of the house, according to the by laws ( which we never received but had to sign for. )

We asked for an alternate dispute resolution committee. The problem is the head of the hoa told everyone on the board and in the ADR committee that we were lying and we knew we couldn't put the fence their because the installers told us that prior to putting up the fence. It is a lie, and the owner of the company wrote a letter saying the never talked to anyone. Also, one of the board members is my next door neighbor who personally doesn't want the fence there and told everyone who was voting that.

I feel that it is unfair that the people who get to vote on this is hearing lies and pleads from someone with a personal agenda. Is there anything legally wrong here, because I can request arbitration on the dime of the HOA.

Your first mistake was in ever purchasing property that is under the control of nazi HOAS.

They are all rotten, and they make your life a nightmare. I always advise people NOT to purchase property when an HOA is involved.

I suggest you speak with an attorney.

You'll discover that they rarely lose and all the ones I've ever run into are rotten to the core.

They are nazis through and through, little tin dictators, SELL as soon as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back