HOA CCCR outdated consequences

Balanced

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
Does an HOA CCCR need to be updated if there are no problems within our 4 units?
The CCCR doesn't refer to anyone in our 4 units.
We bought in Aug, 2018. The HOA has not been updated since it's inception in Oct, 1981. We only have a lawn w/o any bldgs, etc. We've also just put a new roof on last year & metal siding was added in Aug, 2018 right before our purchase.

Not necessarily. What makes you ask? If we know the reason behind your inquiry, we may be able to offer more specific suggestions or advice.

Does an HOA CCCR need to be updated if there are no problems within our 4 units?

As phrased, this question makes little sense. First, I'm not sure what "CCCR" means. There is such a thing as CC&Rs (covenants, conditions and restrictions), and I assume that's what you're talking about. Second, whether CC&Rs "need to be updated" is a matter of subjective opinion based on relevant facts.

The HOA has not been updated since it's inception in Oct, 1981.

In the first sentence of your post, you asked about updating "an HOA CCCR," but now you're talking about updating the HOA. Not sure what that means either.

We only have a lawn w/o any bldgs, etc. We've also just put a new roof on last year & metal siding was added in Aug, 2018 right before our purchase.

OK...and?

If you're asking whether CC&Rs should be "updated" every so often just for the heck of it, the answer is no. To be frank, I'm not sure why a four unit building (?) or neighborhood (?) needs an HOA.

Back