hiring felons

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestpost

So i am a felon i was hired at a company i admitted it on my app. I left the company and have now been rehired and was told that if i have a record i will be fired is that legal after i was hired in the past i was only gone one month

So i am a felon i was hired at a company i admitted it on my app. I left the company and have now been rehired and was told that if i have a record i will be fired is that legal after i was hired in the past i was only gone one month
To begin, employment is generally "at will" which means "at the will of the employer." The employer can choose to terminate employment for a reason or no specific reason. This means that without a contract, they can choose to not continue to hire you and can terminate your employment tomorrow. If a reason is given, you must be within a group of people that the U.S. Constitution protects against discrimination - such as reasons of race, religion, age or gender. I think it is very difficult for felons, who have paid their debt to society, to find work and have their past put behind them. In many instances, I have known people who made bad choices and have been in the wrong place at the wrong time face difficulties going forward in life, especially employment, for reasons just of disclosing their criminal record which shows just one conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back