hiring contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your current position have a SAP or are you classified as contingent? Are you an employee or contractor? It isn't clear who your current employer is right now. Are you still a state of MD employee? A federal employee? Working for a private company who is performing work on a base?

It is also not clear how the job was advertised, what you were told in the interview or when accepting the job, and if anyone with actual authority to give you information about the position has said anything different from what you have previously been told.

Call your former employer and see if it's not too late to get your old job back.

If you can get your old job back, then ditch these bastards in a heartbeat.

If you can't get your old job back, look for something else now because when the axe falls, these people won't give you the time of day and won't remember any of their "promises."

Does your current position have a SAP or are you classified as contingent? Are you an employee or contractor? It isn't clear who your current employer is right now. Are you still a state of MD employee? A federal employee? Working for a private company who is performing work on a base?

It is also not clear how the job was advertised, what you were told in the interview or when accepting the job, and if anyone with actual authority to give you information about the position has said anything different from what you have previously been told.
It's a SCA. It's for contractor working for DOD. Job was posted on job board. I interviewed and was hired and was never told it was temporary until two weeks after I started . Yes the company manager is the one I have been speaking with and he is the one that hired me and made the mistake

Call your former employer and see if it's not too late to get your old job back.

If you can get your old job back, then ditch these bastards in a heartbeat.

If you can't get your old job back, look for something else now because when the axe falls, these people won't give you the time of day and won't remember any of their "promises."
I'm afraid that ship had sailed as it's been two weeks since I resigned. :/

SCA governs the rate of pay and benefits, but not the duration. When you interviewed, did you ask specifically if this was a long term assignment or did you just assume that it was? Sounds like he didn't know it was a temporary position or something changed and it is now temporary. Business conditions can change and it sucks when it changes right after you accept another job, but it happens. Right now you haven't really lost anything. You have a job. You are being paid. You don't know if the other person is coming back, but it sounds like there is some doubt she will. You haven't lost anything with regard to your state pension. That freezes unless you withdraw your contributions. If you were already vested, you remain so.

SCA governs the rate of pay and benefits, but not the duration. When you interviewed, did you ask specifically if this was a long term assignment or did you just assume that it was? Sounds like he didn't know it was a temporary position or something changed and it is now temporary. Business conditions can change and it sucks when it changes right after you accept another job, but it happens. Right now you haven't really lost anything. You have a job. You are being paid. You don't know if the other person is coming back, but it sounds like there is some doubt she will. You haven't lost anything with regard to your state pension. That freezes unless you withdraw your contributions. If you were already vested, you remain so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back