hired under false pretense

Status
Not open for further replies.

s000140655

I was hired as a property administration assistant one month ago. The private building owners and my bosses just informed us today that the building was being put up for sale. The building will sell and there is no contract securing my position. They expressed to me that they knew I had left another company to join them and that when they hired me the issue of selling the building wasn't a forerunner of topics. However it was never once mentioned to me during the interviewing process. Was I hired under false pretense?

I was hired as a property administration assistant one month ago. The private building owners and my bosses just informed us today that the building was being put up for sale. The building will sell and there is no contract securing my position. They expressed to me that they knew I had left another company to join them and that when they hired me the issue of selling the building wasn't a forerunner of topics. However it was never once mentioned to me during the interviewing process. Was I hired under false pretense?

In a word, NO.

You takes yer chances, you wins or loses.

Better start seeking a new position, unless you had an employment contract.

Last edited:
Sorry, there isn't anything you can do but look for other employment. You noted you have no contract securing your position. Can you possibly (if you would want to) get your job back with your prior employer?

You can apply for unemployment ins. while out of work & looking for other employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back