Hired Lowes for a kitchen job 3yrs ago and still not done

Laura A Shepard

Jurisdiction
Indiana
Hired those 3 years ago for kitchen work. We paid for everything before they started. Their crew workers did a very bad job and even ruin some of our stuff. We have been going back and forth with them for three years now and they have handed us off to up to a dozen people that will handle our case. We are now at a claims part and they gave us an unfair offer. They have offered to give us the money back for the original cabinets think a countertop but not the money that was paid to have it installed. Their adjuster came out and said it was a complete radio. I stated I did not feel we should pay for them to install it or to have it ripped out and reinstalled by someone else that should be on their dime. They have told us that is their way or the highway basically. Throughout the whole process we have a disabled son who can I eat regular Foods so we have had to get really creative and hatch trying to feed him without a kitchen. We would love to have Christmas or Thanksgiving in our own home where we know he can eat safely and not have to worry about the house burning down. Is there any case here? Is there anything we can do? They're not responding to me as
of the last couple weeks and this is a regular thing. Thank you for your time

Is there any case here?

You didn't post enough facts for anyone to respond intelligently.

Is there anything we can do?

You might have a couple of other certified (as in state licensed) contractors inspect the work that was done and write you a letter summarizing the errors, flaws, trouble spots regarding the work another company/contractor did.

You could then TRY to use those letters to seek a more comprehensive settlement.

bear in mind, things may NOT be as you see them, and even if they are, people don't pay you because you ask.

You might just have to sue in small claims, or forget it and move on.

They're not responding to me as
of the last couple weeks and this is a regular thing.

They don't have to respond to you, nor do you have to respond to them.

If you sue them, they'll still not respond to you, they'll respond to the lawsuit.

You likely have a valid complaint, but I agree details are lacking.
What does your contract say about dispute resolution and legal options?
Three years is a long time... Hopefully you have not allowed this to go beyond a point that your legal options expired.

Back