high school sexual harrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnds

This did not happen to me but it did to a friend of mine that I have recentely met. Two years ago, she was sexually harrassed by one of her teachers. We were discussing how inappropriate and inept the teachers and guidance are at my high scool, which she graduated from. She brought up a teacher who she said she hated the most. She mentioned things that were inappropriate and outrageos for the conduct of a teacher. Moreover, she told me he liked to talk about sex and drugs. She said that one day she was slouching in her chair, when her teacher told her she shouldn't slouch because she needs to have good posture so that when she is riding her man, it will please him more if she has her back straight. I find his behavior outrageous, sick and this guy should be held accountable for his actions.
I bet there was a lot more harrassment to her and other girls, but i wouldn't have details.

This girl is 19 now and this happened two years ago. How long is the statute of limitations and does she have a case against him? The incident above would have happened in front of the whole class. I don't know if she would want to relive this whole thing but i don't think anyone, especially a teacher, should sexually harrass girls and get away with it. I would just like to know what are her options with a lawsuit if there are anything. This is in NJ by the way.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
What do you mean a "case against him?" Are you talking about a suit in civil court? What do you think damages are for a single incident and complaining two years later? Has she needed therapy as a result?

This sounds more like something best dealt with disciplinary proceedings. A formal complaint should be lodged against the school to prevent this from happening again and to punish the offender for absolutely inappropriate conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back