HELP!

KarennJimenez1209

Jurisdiction
California
Hello, I'm seeking legal advice for my stepdad.
So my uncle has been living in our converted garage for a while, and also works with my stepdad. So they recently had went away for a job for a few months and no one was staying in the garage, so we thought!
Turns out his sister has been living there, she would show up every night and ever since we found out we have started the legal process to evict her because when we asked my uncle to do so he denied, we are currently waiting on the 5 day response. But she has gone to The department of building & safety and wants relocation assistance, is he required to pay that? Can we still evict her ? we barley recieved the notice from the city that we need to convert the garage back but we have been trying to evict her before revieving that notice, does it still count ??

Also, we have never charged my uncle any rent, but we don't know if he ever charged her?? So they were living for free!!
Hello, I'm seeking legal advice for my stepdad.
So my uncle has been living in our converted garage for a while, and also works with my stepdad. So they recently had went away for a job for a few months and no one was staying in the garage, so we thought!
Turns out his sister has been living there, she would show up every night and ever since we found out we have started the legal process to evict her because when we asked my uncle to do so he denied, we are currently waiting on the 5 day response. But she has gone to The department of building & safety and wants relocation assistance, is he required to pay that? Can we still evict her ? we barley recieved the notice from the city that we need to convert the garage back but we have been trying to evict her before revieving that notice, does it still count ??

Also, we have never charged my uncle any rent, but we don't know if he ever charged her?? So they were living for free!!

All you can do, all your FATHER can do is continue the eviction.

He should amend it to include your uncle, or use this phrase "all other John and Jane Does resising at the address: 123 Main St, Garage, Your City, CA".

Read the eviction instructions to ensure it is done correctly for your county.

No one is allowed to REGULARLY live in a garage, or other appurtenances on Dad's property that haven't been readied for human habitation.

Frankly, unless a person is wealthy, don't rent property.
There are too many deadbeat, and if you're a small fry renter, most of the deadbeats turn out to be your relatives.

Yes we also included my uncle for the same reason because it's to many problems.

Would my stepdad still be required to pay the relocation fee if you know?? Since she went to the Department of Building & Saftey..?

Also thank you so much for your response, this is very stressful for all of us especially because it's our own family..

Yes we also included my uncle for the same reason because it's to many problems.

Would my stepdad still be required to pay the relocation fee if you know?? Since she went to the Department of Building & Saftey..?

Also thank you so much for your response, this is very stressful for all of us especially because it's our own family..

I don't see how your father would be required to pay ANYTHING, as long as he doesn't say HE GAVE THEM PERMISSION TO LIVE IN HIS GARAGE.

The fact that he's LEGALLY ATTEMPTING TO EVICT BOTH OF THEM is all that he should say on the matter.

Be smart, stop discussing any of this with anyone, especially in public.

The court might conclude your father should pay something if he were to ADMIT to allowing either of them to stay in HIS garage even for FREE.

If I were your father, I'd simply say, "When I discovered them living in my garage, I asked them to leave. They refused, so that's why I initiated an eviction proceeding before this HONORABLE court."

Less is always just enough.

Don't keep blabbing just because you can.

Don't defend or honor the lies of others by arguing a negative.

Sometimes I didn't know works very well.

Back