help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmaz28x

my 13 year old daughter has resently came to live with me in england because her mum couldn't cope. I have always been in my childs life but am not on her birth certificate. I now claim for my daughter i get child benifit and child tax credits which her mother has sighned forms to say that i could claim these for her she is in school here now too. Now here mothers saying just remember that im still your legal gardien on paper your dad has no rights. In 2005 me and her mother sighned the forms to get me on the birth certificate these forms didn't get sent away but i do still have them are they any use? is she right in saying i have no rights? that she can come get her anytime ? she is also due to go to her mums for a holiday have i any rights if she gets here there and says shes not coming back ? my daughter knows she wants to be here please help

You need to take this up with the court. You need to obtain a court order to proclaim and protect your rights. Unwed fathers have few rights, outside of a court order. Go to court and obtain a custody order. You also need to prove your paternity, usually done by a DNA test.

would the dna test have to be done through the courts or could i go private? and if so could i then be put on the birth certificate? thank you for reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back