Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

imrich2

Can anyone explain to me when the police acquired so much power! I need help, m lawyer at present said his hands are tied while my business and personal life are going down the tubes. I was stopped by a state trooper in Louisiana, I wasn't the driver of the vehicle, an employee of my company was. We were pulled over because the trooper stated that in louisiana you have to have you fifteen day tag in the place of the license plate, the temporary tag on the car we were in was affixed to the driver side rear window(car was newly purchased). Trooper stated that since the tag read 03-05-04 and it was 03-03-04 he was just pulling us over to give us a heads up and to let the driver know the tag was about to expire. He asked for my identification and I gave it to him. He asked the driver and myself to step out of the vehicle. I told him no. I stated that if he told me to get out, that I would, but if he is asking then I will say no. He at this point grabbed hold of the passenger door and pulled his gun. I had no choice but to exit the vehicle. We were made to stand near the front of the police car. There were 3 of them by this time. The k-9 unit also arrived. The k-9 scratched on the drivers side window as it was slightly rolled down. They said that it was an indication of drugs being present. They started searching my vehicle and opened my sack which contained u.s. currency. Being over $10,000 my money has been seized and marked for forfeiture. The law in louisiana states that a temporary tag can be diplayed in the window. was this search illegal?

What probable cause did they have to search the vehicle? Did they find any drugs present? If not then the police may have a nice tidy lawsuit on their hands... but then again, I'm not sure why your lawyer is saying his hands are tied. It seems that we are missing a critical part of the story.

Originally posted by imrich2
Can anyone explain to me when the police acquired so much power! I need help, m lawyer at present said his hands are tied while my business and personal life are going down the tubes. I was stopped by a state trooper in Louisiana, I wasn't the driver of the vehicle, an employee of my company was. We were pulled over because the trooper stated that in louisiana you have to have you fifteen day tag in the place of the license plate, the temporary tag on the car we were in was affixed to the driver side rear window(car was newly purchased). Trooper stated that since the tag read 03-05-04 and it was 03-03-04 he was just pulling us over to give us a heads up and to let the driver know the tag was about to expire. He asked for my identification and I gave it to him. He asked the driver and myself to step out of the vehicle. I told him no. I stated that if he told me to get out, that I would, but if he is asking then I will say no. He at this point grabbed hold of the passenger door and pulled his gun. I had no choice but to exit the vehicle. We were made to stand near the front of the police car. There were 3 of them by this time. The k-9 unit also arrived. The k-9 scratched on the drivers side window as it was slightly rolled down. They said that it was an indication of drugs being present. They started searching my vehicle and opened my sack which contained u.s. currency. Being over $10,000 my money has been seized and marked for forfeiture. The law in louisiana states that a temporary tag can be diplayed in the window. was this search illegal?

No drugs found!

There were no drugs found in my vehicle. I have never been convicted or charged with a drug crime. I have not to my knowledge been involved in a drug investigation. I just need help to save my company and fight these unlawful officers. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back