help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beholdtheman

Ok, this may be long but i just need a little advice.

A little over a year ago, i was at this kids house with about 9 other people. And then about 2 months later i get this call from my mother, saying she found out all of this stuff, and i was in complete shock. One of my good close friends had called her saying that he had just heard that the night i was at this kids house, someone had stolen his debit card and bought a prepaid visa card worth $2000 with it. Well not too long after that, i got a call from the police department because apparently when he had done it at wal mart, a few of us had entered the store with him, without knowing he had this guys card at all. Keep in mind the guy who had apparently stole the card always had excessive amounts of money on him, so him having 2 grand was nothing abnormal. Well anyways the detective asked if i would volunteer to come in for a questioning. And of course i have nothing to worry about so i did. I told him i knew absolutely nothing about it until my mother had told me. So he questioned me, and was really on my side on this one, because the theft had an long record of stealing money in amounts that exceed $100,000's. Well about a year and a half have gone by and i never heard anything about it, or kept in contact with anyone who was there that night. Well back in april the theft got arrested from a warrant that was out for him. I'm not worried at all about much, but his mother (and this guys 24) has harassed me constantly lately through emails, and phone calls. Apparently this kids trying to say that myself and a few of the other people knew that he took the card, hes not saying we helped him steal it, just saying we knew he did. I talked to my grandfather who is a retired lawyer and he said the guy is crazy and nothing should come up. I'm just asking this because it's had me stressed because i have a son on the way and a fiance to take care of, and i don't need to deal with this! I just hope they can see through this mans lies and see that myself and others had absolutely nothing to do with it, even the guy who had his card stolen said we didn't, but this guy is trying to say we knew. What should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back