Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rospil3

My divorce has been in the works for three years. We finally have a marital settlement agreement drafted. The Petitioner has an attorney I don't. The MSA draft has been ready for three months, but the Petitioner keeps saying her attorney has to review it. Everything has been agreed upon. There were just minor changes that needed to be added and it has been three months since the changes were submitted to the Petitioner's attorney and yet there's nothing yet. I am considering hiring an attorney now, but I want to know if there is anything I can do or my attorney will be able to do to have the Petitioner produce the MSA since all of the issues are agreed upon adn she is just holding it up for signatures. The petitioner wants to relocate to another state and she wants me to allow her to relocate with my child before signing the MSA which is supposed to inlcude that she is allowed to move. Is there something fishy going on? What would happen if I allow her to move and the divorce is not final yet? Can I do something to finally have her sign the agreement and move on? You know something like costly and unnecessary expenses and hold up on the continuation of proceedings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back