Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate01

I am in desperate need of some legal advice. I met a guy online in about Feb. 2004 in a poker room, and we began chatting. Turned out that we were both in bad marriages, and we became very close. My husband woked out of town, and we were under a tremendous amount of stress, so when he came on weekends, he was verbally abusive, and bullied me a lot with threatened violence. I was a stay home mom, and had no income of my own. The guy online told me he would send me some money to get my own place, and a little extra, so I could get on my feet. I told him then I didn't know if I could ever repay him, so i offered my wedding rings as payment because it was all I had that was worth anything. He sent me 5000$, and I moved out. We continued to talk by phone. I could only find part time work, and lost my apartment a few months later, and ended up going back to my husband. My online guy and i kept in touch, and ended up meeting a few months later in another state. He lives in Minnesota, and I in South Carolina. I had my rings with me then, and offered to give them to him. He told me no, not to worry about the $. He said that I would pay him when I could, and if I couldn't it was no big deal, he would just write it off. he owns his own business with his brother. I ended up leaving my husband again and moved in with my parents about a week after I came home, for the same reasons. My online guy sent me 800$ more to help me out. He and I kept in touch, but he wanted me to leave my children, and move to Minnesota, and I refused. So we decided to remain friends, and do our own thing. I forgot to mention that when I moved out the first time, the online guy sent me a brand new dell flatscreen computer, which I sent back, and bought me a necklace when we met. Finally, to the point. He all of the sudden in April of this year started threatening to expose everything to my husband if I didn't pay him back now. I have copies of the emails between us since April of this year to present. He knows that i am unemployed, and have no $ of my own. I was told by a lawyer here in SC that it sounded like what he was doing was called extortion. Please advise me. My husband and I have finally gotten through a very rough few years, and are doing great, and this man wants to ruin my life over this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back