HELP! wrongfully suspended licence

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlimitedsp

Dec of 06 i got my first speeding ticket. I pled not guilty and went to court 3 months later, mar 07. No points were issued and i only had to pay a fine. I waited for the new sitation in the mail and when i recieved it i paid it. 2 months later i get a letter from motor vehicle services stating that my licence will be suspended in 10 days, because it showed that the ticket was not payed for. I called the court house and they told me the case was closed months ago and it was paid. I told them my situation and they said that they will notify motor vehicle services and that everything will be taken care of. Well yesturday i applied for new car insurance and i found out that my licence is suspended and has been suspended for the last 7 months. I was never notified about this, so i thought everything was taken care of. Now i cant get insurance until things are cleared up. which means i cant drive my car and i work 45 minutes away with no other form of transportation. I have proof of payment and i want to know if i could sue the court for neglecting to properly take care of my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back