Help with the foreclosure process, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mslparker

Hello, to whom it may concern.

I am trying to lay claim to a promises soar note that I am entitled to and am not sure of what steps to take. To get to the skinny about my dilemma, is something like this. My husband and I are now divorced, I am entitled to a sum of money from our house out of the equity that has been inquired during the time that we were married. In order to make it easier on my husband financially we had agreed on payments that he would make over a course of 10 years to pay me with, which was to start in good faith back in November. Should my ex-husband default on his payments I am able to foreclosure our house and collect my interest. My ex-husband has not made any payments to date and I am now being told that he plans to sell the house at cost just to be rid of it. I am concerned because the money I stood to gain was needed to help my children and I start over.

I have done the deed of trust papers as well as a promissory note on what his obligations are. My question (long in coming I know) is how do go about the foreclosure process in California.

I would greatly appreciate any help that someone would be willing to lend me.

Thank,

Sincerely,

Ms. Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back