HELP! Wages being garnished due to botched short-sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaijem777

Ok...I'm at my absolute wit's end here. Just when I thought all of this mess was taken care of...

About 2.5 years ago, my ex-wife and I split & divorced. We had a townhome that we had a 2nd mortgage on, etc. In essence, we were screwed financially (long story, medical issues, etc.)

Anyhow, my ex was in charge of dealing with getting the house sold. We ended up doing a short-sell and all appeared to go fine. However, I started getting calls from HSBC about 7 months later saying that I owed them the entire 2nd mortgage! After this was supposedly all taken care of by the realtor, etc. The calls stopped about 6 months ago.

My ex has since remarried and moved to another state. We have no contact. My employer received a document from the attorney that was to set up garnishment of my wages. I've not been served anything whatsoever, so this is totally out of the blue.

A) What do I do? I have NO paperwork or any knowledge of exactly what was done concerning the short-sell, etc. I wasn't involved in it at all.

B) I can NOT afford to have my wages garnished! I'm barely surviving as it is.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Chris in Denver,CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back