Help please

Migveloz

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hi my name is miguel, i live in TX and i have been married to my wife for about 4 years almost 5. We have decided to seperate but mu question is due to financial reason i have been avoiding to file for divorce. My question is can i still file for child support? Am tired of dealing with her and her ignoring me.

Hi my name is miguel, i live in TX and i have been married to my wife for about 4 years almost 5. We have decided to seperate but mu question is due to financial reason i have been avoiding to file for divorce. My question is can i still file for child support? Am tired of dealing with her and her ignoring me.

If you think obtaining a divorce in Texas is difficult, it isn't.
If you believe obtaining child support without obtaining a divorce, you're wrong.
Without divorcing, your spouse has the same custodial rights to the children as do you.

You want child support?
You obtain a divorce and convince the judge that you should be divorced and you should be named the primary conservator of the children.

By the way, you can do your own divorce without hiring a lawyer, as long as you and your spouse can agree to your divorce, child support, and custody matters.

Good luck, mate.

Have you gone to counseling or anything? I'm sure she has plenty to say about you too...

If you want to receive child support you have to go to court. Otherwise she is not going to give you anything and you won't have to give her anything. Or you could be adults about it and then you don't have to involve the courts. But sounds like that won't happen...

Back