Help please

E

Elissa

Jurisdiction
Oregon
My boyfriend has been in county jail for a duii since the 22nd and still hasn't received a court date. How long can they keep him in there before they sentence him? This is a warrant from years ago he went in on the 22nd and turned himself in because he wants to do the right thing for our family. We have a 9 month old baby girl and we just want to know when he will be home. It breaks my heart seeing my baby missing her daddy.

My boyfriend has been in county jail for a duii since the 22nd and still hasn't received a court date. How long can they keep him in there before they sentence him? This is a warrant from years ago he went in on the 22nd and turned himself in because he wants to do the right thing for our family. We have a 9 month old baby girl and we just want to know when he will be home. It breaks my heart seeing my baby missing her daddy.

How long?

Only the judge knows, and he or she will tell everyone at sentencing.

He was a Failure to Appear, plus a DUI charge.

It could be days, weeks, or even months.

You'll just have to wait and see.

I hope he turned himself in for the warrant and not like @army judge assumes - for both a DUI and a warrant. I hope that your boyfriend has an attorney and, at the very least, has the assistance of the public defender. Your boyfriend's legal counsel is closest to the process and would be in the best position to advise you.

Back