Consumer Law, Warranties Help!! Please>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamrock

I have a quick question.... I am in a situation where i was buying a car from a private party, and then all sorts of things with the car went wrong and i stopped paying them... they said the car was in perfect working condition. it was definitely not! so i had to pay for all the repairs and such, the car was sold as is, but i didnt have money to pay for both.. i did sign papers saying that i had to pay him so much the deposit was so much, and that he was supposed to be put on as a lien holder till i paid in full.... that was when i lived in MN, now i am in MO and they say that they have a pi on my case, and they transferred it to mo- supposedly. get this, the kid i bought the car from though was 22 i am 23, he was supposed to go with me to the MN dmv to transfer the title and be a lien holder... instead he filled it out and let me move without putting his name on anything.... i guess i need to know what i am risking by not paying him since he has now given me 24 hrs before legal action is taken.... the car's title is now solely in my name. and he is back in mn making all these threats of he knows where i live and so on.... what can or should i do? :nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back