Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Help please..need a lil advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

softballchic817

This New Years I got a MIP. I blew a .018 and the first cop said I woudl get away with it and the second cop said I was getting one anyway. He thinks I lied about having only 2 glasses of a mixed drink that wasn't too strong. How he questions me and then talks to my parents like i am not 18 and not old enough to talk to makes me so upset. But I don't know how to handle the case. What makes me more upset is the fact that the cops left 5 minutes after my parents and I left. People who didn't have their parents come get them don't have MIPs and aren't in trouble. But because our parents care about getting us and want to make sure we are okay are penalized. It is like because our parents were there we are penalized...is that right? I don't really know how to go with this all...this is my first offense. I know MI changed their laws and I don't know how badly I would be punished...I know that it can be wiped off my record if I do everything but what should I do? What do you think my punishment will be?
My friend called in and the court told her to just pay the fine and send the paper saying the misdeamoner on it BUT it is our first offense and the law states that there should be probation and what not then the record will be clean if we follow it completely. What should I do since they want me to pay a fine and permanently have it on my record?

Last edited:
Here's a link I found that may help a little bit. http://www.mid3.net/resources/miparticle.php

On another note I was recentlt given my first and hopefully, if I'm smart, my last MIP. Before I blew for the officer although admitting to having drank 3 beers he said if it was a .02 or less I would be let go. I think it's this part of the law (found in the link):

This is in addition to the other affirmative defense of consuming the intoxicant as part of a religious ceremony.

Were you holding your drink when the officers were there? That itself is possesion from what I can see. It may be worthwhile to ask a lawyer or someone more familiar with the law.

I wish you the best of luck.

~Dan~

state?

What state are u from?

first offense in texas where im from is a small fine and some probation adn then it is gone, if your parents where there and allowed u to drink and were in visible view of the officer then you were TOTALLY LEAGAL to be drinking... let me know where u got the ticket and i will do my best to help u...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back