Help needed on changing whole divorce agreement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi_Starling

Ex H submitted a motion to modify placement and child support. After a year long battle his motion was granted. My question is, now the lawyers are trying to change EVERYTHING in the divorce agreement. Can they even do this without a motion or hearing?? The items are listed below....

1. Health insurance, negotiated in the divorce that Ex would provide in exchange for me not asking for maintenance. Now they're trying to have 1/2 the cost of it deducted from his child support (which is funny cause his new wife provides it, not him, and her ex pays half of the children coverage, my child would not add anything additional expense for her)
2. Uncovered health expenses are per our incomes at something like 68% and 32%, now they're trying to change that to 50% each. My percent would be 29% based on our incomes now.
3. Variable expenses. Child support statutes say the court will assign these. It is already in the new placement order that all decisions and expenses are the responsibility of the parent who has placement at that time. Doesn't that already address this??

Thanks for any help you can give

I suggest you retain an attorney. Should you choose not to spend the money on one to help you fight thus, you'll be spending the money where you were not required to do so. Get legal counsel, ASAP, or prepared to get financially screwed!

By the way, no they can't change a court order unless they go back to court and seek an amendment.

However, if they can trick you, they will.

You pay a lawyer, or pay that deadbeat bum!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back