Help my hubby, We got a bad lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobynspidey

Could someone please offer some advice? My husband was charged for POCS 3 seperate times in a matter of a couple of months. The attorney we hired did ok to start with and got him a plea agreement of 1year jail 1 year rehab. The judge let him go home but he was supposed to return for a probation consideration. Well we had no idea of a time for this so I continually called the attorneys office and left messages stating that we were unaware of the time for this consideration day. I left numerous messages only to get no I mean no kind of return call or anything. My husband went to work that day and didnt show up so the judge ordered him to be arrested. He was picked up two days later and has been in jail since. This was on January 17 2006. The judge saw him one month later and denied him for probation and stated that he had approved him before if he had just shown up. The judge also stated he wanted my hubby to do some time in hopes that it would help him with his drug problem, but said that he would have him brought back in 5 or 6 months to review his decision. Meanwhile he was denied parole by the state because they stated he had not completed the crime bill. No one ever told him until then but it also wasnt on any agreements that were signed. I finally got in touch with the attorney after weeks on end of him NEVER returning numerous phone calls and the attorney said that he was going to file a motion to have my hubby brought back to the county and in front of the judge asap because I am financially drowning and hubbys young son is being sent out for marine bootcamp. He said he would be brought back before the end of July. Well I have called numerous times again left piles of messages never to get a return call trying to find out if this motion had been approved and if we had a court date. Well I got tired of waiting on the lawyer so I asked at the court house and they said the motion had never been filed back the first part of June like the attorney had claimed he had done. I went over to the lawyers office and the secretaries told me the attorney was on vacation and wouldnt be back for a week. How does someone who does nothing need a vacation? So here we sit with NO court date Hubbys son leaves in August and its mid July and it will take me 2 weeks or more to make contact with this lawyer. I dont feel he put his best effort into my hubbys case and he sure hasnt been of much help to either of us. Please tell me what I can do to bring my hubby home.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back