Domestic Violence & Civil Orders Help! My ex girlfriend is trying to destroy me!

Tyler A Rose

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My ex girlfriend (also my neighbor) filed a PFA on me this past Monday. No violence in the relationship other than her hitting me and spitting in my face. So I once I was served with a PFA I wanted to know why. I was driving down my street and saw her and asked her why? Like I said I've never been abusive to her. She said it was because I came to her work on Monday after a fight we had on Sunday. She normally blocks my calls when we get into fights so I just wanted to take her to lunch to talk things through. That's what triggered the PFA apparently and then me stopping to talk to her Tuesday when I asked her why. (I know bad decision) but I had to know why these kind of actions. Well the situation got worse on Friday when she accused me confronting her (didn't happen by the way) but now I'm facing several charges including stalking. The breakup started by her accusing me of cheating which she has done several times before. I've never cheated on the woman. Ever!

Am I in trouble here?

That is true. The thing is though as it's been a very toxic relationship which I'm done with by the way. We've gone through these bouts before and always ended up getting back together (not this time though). My question is how can she get away with false accusations to burn me when I haven't cheated on her. There's so much more I need to post and I know that would help

My ex girlfriend (also my neighbor) filed a PFA on me this past Monday. No violence in the relationship other than her hitting me and spitting in my face. So I once I was served with a PFA I wanted to know why. I was driving down my street and saw her and asked her why? Like I said I've never been abusive to her. She said it was because I came to her work on Monday after a fight we had on Sunday. She normally blocks my calls when we get into fights so I just wanted to take her to lunch to talk things through. That's what triggered the PFA apparently and then me stopping to talk to her Tuesday when I asked her why. (I know bad decision) but I had to know why these kind of actions. Well the situation got worse on Friday when she accused me confronting her (didn't happen by the way) but now I'm facing several charges including stalking. The breakup started by her accusing me of cheating which she has done several times before. I've never cheated on the woman. Ever!

Am I in trouble here?
Tyler
Stop posting about your criminal case on the internet. Stop bothering the ex. Read the PFA thoroughly and you will likely find an ORDER to stay away from the ex. Do not seek her out. Do not call her. Do not e-mail her. Do not send her a card or letter. Do not text her. Do not have a friend/family member contact her on your behalf. Do not send her a message by carrier pigeon.

Contact Pennsylvania Bar Association > Home for a referral to a criminal law attorney. Discuss your situation only with your attorney.

My question is how can she get away with false accusations

Because the court believes they weren't false.

There should have been an option for you to ask for a hearing on the PFA. I'm guessing you didn't.

And you apparently didn't obey the PFA (foolish and dangerous) and are now being prosecuted.

There's so much more I need to post and I know that would help

Please don't post any more details. It won't help you here.

Best advice: lawyer up.

That is true. The thing is though as it's been a very toxic relationship which I'm done with by the way. We've gone through these bouts before and always ended up getting back together (not this time though). My question is how can she get away with false accusations to burn me when I haven't cheated on her. There's so much more I need to post and I know that would help
You need therapy. We are not therapists. I don't mean to be snide, but this site is for legal matters and not relationship problems. Focus on dealing with/solving your criminal case and then just forget the ex. If she is a neighbor, you may consider moving when your lease is over.

Am I in trouble here?

Define "in trouble."

She's your ex-girlfriend. Stay physically as far away from her as possible and don't communicate with her and you should be fine.

And hire a criminal defense attorney.

My question is how can she get away with false accusations to burn me when I haven't cheated on her.

Who says she's getting away with anything, and why do you think it matters whether you did or did not cheat on her?

There's so much more I need to post and I know that would help

No, there isn't, and no, it wouldn't. If you think you need to talk about the relationship with someone, visit a therapist.

Am I in trouble here?

It okay to wonder why. But it's not okay to violate a PFA.

The rational reaction to a PFA is to avoid the other party like the plague. If you see the other party, do whatever you can to avoid contact of ANY kind. Turn down the next street away from her. If you enter a building and see her, do an about face and WALK OUT. Even if it's a super Walmart.

The only exception to this are court dates.

Am I in trouble here?

Dude...don't talk to her. That was your first mistake.

Your second mistake is posting it on a public forum.

Go look up criminal defense attorneys in your area and see if any do free consultations. Don't post anymore on here - because anyone can see it. And don't talk to her anymore.

Back