Help Me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxy529

ok..here is my dilemma. i'm a full time college student. i was living in a rental rooming house for almost 3 months now. i never once met my landlord, only the guy that rents the place out for him. i know nothing about him other than his name and number and that we had to leave a money order for the rent in the mailbox every monday morning by 9 am, no matter what. it had to be a money order too, no checks, which my father found to be odd when he wanted to write a check. but anyway, this place isn't obviously the greatest or most professional of all places, and i knew that moving in there. but my landlord heard through word of mouth from someone who doesn't know me at all, never spoken with, just knows of me, that i was planning on moving out. since he hadn't heard from me, he just assumed it was true,didn't call or try to contact me in any possible manner, waited til i wasn't at home, had the guy that works under him come into my room, and remove all of my possessions, absolutely everything i own. he then changed the lock on the door. i know this is an "illegal eviction" in most cases from the research i've done, and the people i have talked to. but no one is helping me as much as i need. i filed a report, but the police said there's not much they can do. i just want my stuff back, i'm already moved out. but he wont give it back unless i "give him money". i don't know what to do. i had to spend so much money buying new things, just bare necessities. i was told if i take it to court i can be compensated with proof of my purchases but i don't know, i'm just so confused. can anyone please help me? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back