Domestic Violence & Civil Orders Help me understand criminal history report?

likipie

Jurisdiction
Washington
Personal info has been blocked out of the photos.

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding the sentence description.

SENT. DESC.: ||| COMMITMENT TO CUSTODY: JAIL: 364 DAY; CREDIT FOR TIME SERVED: 22 DAY; DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ASSESSMENT: 30 DAY; DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TREATMENT: 60 DAY; FINE IMPOSED AT SENTENCING: 5000.00; FINE SUSPENDED: 5000.00; OTHER ASSESSMENTS, FEES, AND COSTS: 43.00; PROBATION: 60 MON; SUSPENDED SENTENCE - JAIL: 274 DAY;

Does this mean the defendent served a total of 91 days in jail (including pre-disposition), payed $43 in fees, and was sentenced to 5 years probation?

SENT. DESC.: CT(S) 1; FJS; CONFINE: JAIL, CC, 34 DS; CTS DET BY CORR; CONFINE COMMENT: 1ST T IME OFFENDER; 34 DAYS CT 1; CFTS TBD; 12 MONTHS COMM CUSTODY.; ||| COMMITMENT TO CUSTODY: JAIL;

This one I don't get much at all. I'm assuming the defendent served 34 days in jail for this offense. But what does "12 months comm custody" mean?

I hope this question is clear, I'm doing my best! Thank you in advance. Screenshot_2023-03-14-13-46-54.png Screenshot_2023-03-14-13-46-49.png

I have never seen a fine suspended and then they are collecting the probation fees. Looks as if COMM custody is some sort of house arrest where he serves the time under supervision under custody of the state within the community.

To me it reads like all but 90 days were suspended. In addition to that he got 22 days "time served" credit for time in jail prior to the trial, so I suspect that means 68 days would be served subsequent to the trial.

The fine was suspended, but he owes $43 in fees. I suspect he's also on the hook for the two treatment programs he's got as a condition.

Community custody is another form a probation, usually with electronic monitoring.

Thank you! Do you know if a case can still be open even after a disposition is issued? Open meaning sentencing may be subject to change, or additional court appearences could be expected?

To me it reads like all but 90 days were suspended. In addition to that he got 22 days "time served" credit for time in jail prior to the trial, so I suspect that means 68 days would be served subsequent to the trial.

The fine was suspended, but he owes $43 in fees. I suspect he's also on the hook for the two treatment programs he's got as a condition.

Community custody is another form a probation, usually with electronic monitoring.

The sentence is unlikely to be "revisited" unless the convicted person violates the terms of his probation / community correction rules. If he does that, all that suspended time may come back. In addition, they can be returned to jail for various amount of times for those violations.

Thank you again! You've no idea how much it means to me.

The sentence is unlikely to be "revisited" unless the convicted person violates the terms of his probation / community correction rules. If he does that, all that suspended time may come back. In addition, they can be returned to jail for various amount of times for those violations.

Thank you again! You've no idea how much it means to me.

The unknown (to me) ABUSER/BATTERER was CONVICTED of domestic violence.

Batterers and abusers RARELY stop BATTERING and ABUSING domestic partners, live in lovers, etc...

tenor-3.gif

Wow... I didn't realize it mattered. I posted a question regarding the legalities around a DV case in a law related forum for "Domestic Violence and Civil Orders". Maybe as a "super moderator" in a forum containing such sensitive subjects, you could exercise a little compassion. Or, you know, just not post a response.

You're right. We don't know. You haven't said word one as to why it's even your business.

:rolleyes:

Wow... I didn't realize it mattered. I posted a question regarding the legalities around a DV case in a law related forum for "Domestic Violence and Civil Orders". Maybe as a "super moderator" in a forum containing such sensitive subjects, you could exercise a little compassion. Or, you know, just not post a response.

Actually, it does matter. Too often people feel the need to post about a case that has nothing legally to do with them. It is an unwise move on their part if they are posting about a loved ones criminal issues.

Back