Help me get my kids back

DEira

Jurisdiction
California
My newborn was positive with Meth n so was I the dcps took my kids to foster care I'm already in classes for drug abuse and parenting classes how can I get my kids back with me quick I'm doing good I been sober

My newborn was positive with Meth n so was I the dcps took my kids to foster care I'm already in classes for drug abuse and parenting classes how can I get my kids back with me quick I'm doing good I been sober

This will not be quick.

You must do EVERYTHING you're told to do, no shortcuts.

Sometimes it takes six months, a year, even two years.

Direct all your questions to the social worker in charge of your case.

You can also obtain a state appointed attorney, ask the social worker.

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

I suggest you consult with a local attorney, but the obvious best thing you can do is to take appropriate steps to get yourself clean. Hopefully your children's father (hopefully there's only one) will step in and take care of the kids in the meantime.

If you were doing meth during pregnancy and delivered with it in yours and the baby's system, this is NOT going to be a quick process. It isn't just a matter of being sober for a short period of time and taking a few classes. That is a serious situation that could have lasting consequences for the poor child and no responsible agency is going to hand a newborn over to someone who may not be stable enough to safely care for a newborn. Contact a lawyer and follow everything you are asked to do.

It's not going to be quick. You do everything they tell you, when they tell you. Oh and stop doing the meth. It's disgusting, it costs you everything (as you can see) and it will kill you.

Can CPS have a Forensic Interview performed on a minor child without the knowledge or consent of the parent and without a court order?

My newborn was positive with Meth n so was I the dcps took my kids to foster care I'm already in classes for drug abuse and parenting classes how can I get my kids back with me quick I'm doing good I been sober[/QUT
Federal law at Title 18 Section 5033 prohibits the taking of any child away from it's natural parents without a hearing in a court of competent jurisdiction and anyone who violates this provision has no immunity from liability from both criminal and civil penalties.

What exactly is the "forensic interview"?
This sounds like a gray area depending on the nature of the interview.

Regardless, inform your child to never speak to law enforcement or anyone else under unusual circumstances without having a parent present.
If your kid insists a parent be present it will stop any interview in its tracks, same as demanding a lawyer.

Back