Help in getting the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkop_98

My husband and I are getting a divorce. He said that I could have the house, and it was stated that way in the divorce petition. It also said that once the divorce was final, a deed would be filed putting the house in my name.

After I filed, he told me he would never sign anything. He thinks that just becuase he signed something, it will finalize the divorce.

Our 90 days is coming up and I have asked him to sign the deed - to change the name from both of us to me, but he said he wouldn't sign anything.

Is there a way I can have the house moved into my name without his signature on the deed?

My husband and I are getting a divorce. He said that I could have the house, and it was stated that way in the divorce petition. It also said that once the divorce was final, a deed would be filed putting the house in my name.

After I filed, he told me he would never sign anything. He thinks that just becuase he signed something, it will finalize the divorce.

Our 90 days is coming up and I have asked him to sign the deed - to change the name from both of us to me, but he said he wouldn't sign anything.

Is there a way I can have the house moved into my name without his signature on the deed?

No.

I suggest you speak with a local attorney.

If you want that house, you're going to need one to help you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back