(Help) Important Questions

Jurisdiction
Washington
Hey,
it is my first post. I study law in Germany. At the moment I have a stress of exams and have not found an answer to these questions in the field of international law for days in the field of international law:

1) In the Common law the legal profession is Dividend into 2 Main Parts. Describe the differente in Funktion between them?

2) When dealing with legal translations what are the 3 categories of words a translator is faced with (false friends generally fall into the 2nd category), and how best can they be dealt with?

3) Explain what is meant by legalese and describe 4 features which commonly occur. What is the simple advice Simon Porter gives for legal writing in his podcast when pleading for plain english?

I would be very grateful to you to help me in this phase.

Last edited:
Not sure why you tagged this as relating to the State of Washington.

Your questions appear to relate to things you have learned or should have learned in your class. For what it's worth, I have never heard of "categories of words" in relation to legal translations. A "false friend" is a word in one language that is similar to a word in another language that has a different meaning (e.g., the English word magazine and the French word magasin). "Legalese" is a word that is easily defined with a Google search, and I assume you'd have to listen to Simon Porter's podcast to know what advice he gave.

The laws in the US and the laws in Germany are not the same. Even if we did do other people's homework, which we do not, no one here knows German law.

It is a legal question and not a homework ask. It is no german law ask. It is a international law ask. What is your problem? I dont ask you to do my homework. I ask people, that can help me to answer my legal questions.

It is a international law ask.

There's no such thing as "international law," except to the extent that treaties between various nations create "law," and there is no treaty that covers any of the things you asked about.

Your first question was, "In the Common law the legal profession is Dividend into 2 Main Parts. Describe the differente in Funktion between them?" Speaking only for myself, I have never heard of "the legal profession" being divided into two parts. Also, when you're talking about "the common law," you have to identify what country you're talking about (and there certainly is no such thing as "international common law").

Your second question had to do with "categories of words" in legal translations and how to deal with them. This is not something for which there is any sort of international standard. Moreover, since these boards related almost exclusively to issues of U.S. law, it's worth noting that probably upwards of 90% of U.S. lawyers never deal with translated documents. Also, how translated documents are dealt with varies from state to state.

Your third question about what some unknown (to me at least) person said in a podcast and asked for a definition of a commonly understood word (at least it's commonly understood in the U.S.).

It is a legal question and not a homework ask. . . . What is your problem?

When you explain that you are a student and explain that you "have a stress of exams," it's a natural assumption that your questions are part of a homework or other assignment.

It is a legal question and not a homework ask. It is no german law ask. It is a international law ask. What is your problem? I dont ask you to do my homework. I ask people, that can help me to answer my legal questions.
This forum is for UNITED STATES law matters. This is not a forum relating to "international law" (whatever that actually means).

Hey,
it is my first post. I study law in Germany. At the moment I have a stress of exams and have not found an answer to these questions in the field of international law for days in the field of international law:
You are a law student looking for answers to questions relating to the law. It is only natural to assume that your questions are related to some sort of "homework" or other assignment(s) that have come up in your studies. Otherwise, why even mention it?

1) In the Common law the legal profession is Dividend into 2 Main Parts. Describe the differente in Funktion between them?

Allow me to assist you, comrade.

Ich sehe, dass Sie aus oder in der Nähe der Stadt Rüsselsheim am Main im Landkreis Groß-Gerau in der Rhein-Main-Region in Deutschland posten.

When one is faced with TWO main parts, it is generally accepted that one will be the HARD part and the other the EASY part.

For EXTRA SUPER DUPER credick, the LEGAL versus the ILLEGAL.

2) When dealing with legal translations what are the 3 categories of words a translator is faced with (false friends generally fall into the 2nd category), and how best can they be dealt with?

TRUTH

FALSEHOOD

WHITE LIE

3) Explain what is meant by legalese and describe 4 features which commonly occur. What is the simple advice Simon Porter gives for legal writing in his podcast when pleading for plain english?

LegalEASE is someone that does LEGAL stuff EASILY.

Here it is, pal, just for you.

This will earn YOU that A+++ you deserve!

E55 – Simon Porter discussing legalese – hereby, whereby, therefor, hereinafter (Interview) – Study Legal English

I would be very grateful to you to help me in this phase.

Okay, friend, show ME some real $$$ €€€ £££ GRATITUDE.

www.moneyPAYSmyBOOKIES.com/thedumblawyerdude

Back