~~~~Help, Gas tank leak, warranty didn't cover case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentool

I have 2006 Dodge Charger, which comes with the 3yr, 36000miles bumper-to-bumper warranty.

so my gas tank was leaking 2days ago. took it to the dealership and was told to wait for their call. got a call the next day and they said its got hit or pressed with a foreign object and caused a little crack. also said it couldve been a bad jack lift. i was told it was gonna cost 1400bucks. i told them to install the new one. thats all i said and he said. nothing else.

so the next day, i went there to pick up my car but before paying i asked them to show me the damaged part, just to see if its really my fault or was something else from the factory install or whatever. they said they threw it away already so we walked over the dump and it was gone. so im like theres no proof that i did the damage, im not paying, they're like you didnt request to keep the part. i said "i wasn't asked if i wanted the part". i said i'll have to talk to my lawyer and get back, so i paid the 1400 and walked out.... in my experience,anything i got done, they showed me the faulty/damaged part before or after the fix.

so i've been researching auto repair law of nevada and this is what i've found so far:

Upon your request, the repair shop must deliver to you any parts and accessories that were replaced as a result of the authorized work. They are valuable evidence if a dispute arises and you go to court. Additionally, the repair shop must keep copies of all documents provided or signed by you. NRS 597.550 & 597.560.

If a repair shop commits an unfair and deceptive trade practice you may complain to either the Consumer Affairs Division of the Department of Business and Industry (688-1800), the District Attorneys Office (328-3400), or the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney Generals Office (687-6300). Any of the three may seek criminal sanctions, civil penalties of up to $10,000 or court orders stopping the practice and refunding your money. N.R.S. 598.096-598.0999.

In the first sentence, the law doesn't really say "when" the request has to be made, but did say "any parts and accessories that were replaced", were replaced sounds like even after the fix? can somebody better translate this sentence please? sounds like the case is mine, what you think?

http://www.washoelegalservices.org/carrep.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back