Overstay, Illegal Status help for my childs father immigration status

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccarrasco1009

my boyfriend for 4 years now fiance and father of my child was brought illegaly by his parents at the age of 2. He didnt know he was an immigrant untill he wanted to get his california identification card and his parents told him he couldnt. Its a real shame because he had great grades in high school and aspired to continue his education but that was no longer a easy task. hes 21 now he has only a TIN and was working w/it. I bought a house and i wish we could have done it together, were young but responsible i dont like that he is in fear that one day he can get deported he knows no one in mexico his whole life is here, will us getting married help or no? advice please:confused:

Even if you get married, he cannot adjust status from inside the US without leaving the country.

You both need to speak with an experienced immigration attorney who is familiar with hardship waivers. Based purely on what you've written here I cannot see him qualifying for such a waiver, but you'll need an attorney to confirm based upon the actual details of your case.

I know it doesn't seem fair, but he is currently subject to not just deportation but also a long-term ban.

Please, get yourselves to an attorney asap.

Or - and I know this isn't a popular option - consider moving to Mexico.

Yeah, the US is broke these days. It'll take the US a 100 years to get back on her feet.

By that time, all of us will have been dead for decades.

Get a fresh start south of the border.

Meanwhile, what's wrong with parts of Mexico?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back