Help for (Dad In custody at border)

kaalirange

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Hello, I am once again asking for your help in my Dad's evolving situation.

I posted here recently about my Dad being arrested as border agents found illegal substances in his truck. He is truly innocent and he hasn't been criminally charged, he only has to fight for his ability to enter the US again or something along the lines. (They think I'm too young and don't tell me all the information).

However, my Dad has not gotten his own truck back. My Dad seems to not care and he mentioned he doesn't want to "annoy" the border agents and so, therefore, making them not want to give it back further. But his request to get it back has been denied and so he has been without a truck since August. This is obviously really hard as my Dad has had no income and so it really affects us.

My question is how would we go about getting it back? I've suggested hiring a lawyer... but my parents instantly start fighting with me and say it'll cost more than the truck itself (It was valued at $93K USD) which I think is absolutely wrong. They say we just have to wait for them to do their investigation... like what else do they need to investigate its been over 4 months. I'm really worried that my Dad's truck will be forfeited and so we'll lose out on such a big asset and it'll set us so back.

My Dad communicates with the border agent and hasn't heard anything in a month and is scared of pissing them off further... so where do we go from here? (I've also thought about contacting the general consulate but I'm not sure how effective that would be)

This community has been great and I want to thank everyone.

@army judge (just because you've helped me immensely)

My question is how would we go about getting it back?

I know you want to help your father and your family.

I can sense the anxiety and concern in your post.

Think about this for a minute.

Perhaps your father knows things he doesn't wish to share with you to protect and shield you from the many evils that abound in our world.

I suggest you allow your mother and father, as the heads of their household, to determine what is best for their family unit.

Your father may know things that could cause others than himself great harm.

I suggest you be as supportive as you can, and stop being so inquisitive.

I'm sure you've heard the tale about the curious cat.

Unlike felines, humans possess ONE life, not the mythical NINE.

Yes, keeping quiet is hard on you, but not as hard as it is on your father and mother.

The day will arrive when this all has been sorted and addressed, that is the day you can ask questions, or simply thank God, the stars, the trees, the rocks, whatever; that dad is free of this mess.

My Dad communicates with the border agent and hasn't heard anything in a month and is scared of pissing them off further

Your father's strategy is the best one.

You should support father and mother as they try to work through this entanglement.

@kaalirange , you're most welcome.

Hang in there, this too will pass.

Remember, without the rain, we'd never see a beautiful rainbow.

Back