Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Help!!! Falsely Accused of Sexual Assualt of a minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ignopsnt

California
Hi all,

I need help bad.!!!! I have been crying for days and worried for months. In April, my husband was falsely accused of sexual assualt on a minor (the toddler was 3 or 4). I do not know the parents of the so called victim. The Grandmother of the victim watches the kid and asked my mother to watch her for 2 days that week( My mother watched this kid before, but only a few times. she is like an aquaintes to me). The victims mother( does not watch her kid, which I heard from her own mother) was the one who called the cops on my husband whom she has never seen or met him. The cops came over to my house and asked questions, but My husband and I were not home. We were at work. My mother does not speak english, so the cops asked the so called victims grandmother to translate ( can they do that?!??) All the while they were interrogating my mother, I was at work not knowing what was going on because they did not let my mother call me. I am so frustrated with the law right now! They also interrogated my room mate. Cops took pics of my home ( can they do that without a warrant?!!). When I did come home. The cops were gone. They did not leave a msg or card for my husband to call them back. I was worried like hell! I thought they were going to come back and arrest him, but nothing! No phone call no business card nada. I was so mad i called the parents of the so- called victims and asked what happen she said to ask my husband, he should KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! I was astonished. She was hysterical, nothing made sense. I asked to speak the grandmother because she was the one who saw the little girl and took care of her, but the mother refused. Then i asked if I can speak to the little girl and see if i can get things straight. the mother said do I speak vietnamese? That was a stupid question, of course I didn't. But I wanted to hear what the little girl had to say. This is a serious allegation. I would like for her to get the help she needs. Maybe someone else In there family is doing something to her and she is trying to cry out for help, then they hung up on me. A day later an anonymouse phone call from one of their relatives call my husband cell phone ( which I don't know how they got it!!!! Im SCARED SHITLESS because I don't know how they got the phone number) asking to resolve this within the family and would like to speak to him. They left a vm. My husband did not pick up the phone. That day I spoke with some lawyers they couldnt help if i didn't cough up 25 grand. I have no such money! Theses people kept trying to call us and also threaten on the vm if we dont' pick up the phone they will come to the house and work place.

My husband and I went to the police station asking for help wondering what is going on with my husbands case. They couldn't help him. They said San jose is a big city, if the cops who came to our house did not leave a number or business card that it wasn't important. So we thought nothing of it.

A month and a half later a detective called my husband wanting to speak to him. We called him and made an appointment to speak with this detective. Now we are worried cannot sleep at night worrying what the hell is going on. My husband has never done anything wrong in his life. When we went the detective interrogated him and only wanted a confession out of him. It was so stupid! They did not want to hear our side of the story. All they wanted was a confession, so my husband left annoyed because he didn't understand why they wanted a confession. So we left frustrated with the law. How come it took them a month!!!!!!???????????????? We saved all the threatning vm and now its gone because it can only be saved in archive on the phone for 30 days, but it took the cops so long to do WHATTTTTT!!!!! Now we have nothing, no evidence of harrassment. They didnt even care about that. ALL THEY WANTED WAS A CONFESSION!!!!!!!!

I want to know what my husband and I should do???? Any advice??? Should I call them again? Havn'et heard from them lately. What are they doing???
They said my husband is a suspect but not being charged. Can I file a charge for falsely accusing us? Does it require mone? PLEASE HELP ME! THese people( the victim and family) are our neighbors. should I be worried of them planting evidence or trying to kill us?

Last edited:
I see no case where you can complain about anything. If the child or the mother suspects abuse took place, they can make a complaint and it is law enforcements job to investigate. Law enforecement does not file charges, the DA does and that depends on what evidence they have.

So this is not about you, it is your husband and he has to deal with it. You cannot do anything at this point. If he never gets charged and the investigation gets closed, I suggest cut off all ties with this family.

You have no right though to speak to the victim, or anyone. I suggest stay out of it before you get your husband in even more trouble. He will not be given a public defender unless he is charged. Until then he is free to talk to an attorney.

Whoever told you that an attorney would cost you $25,000 was smoking crack. Your husband can get a decent attorney for much less than that.

Given that he has not been arrested, chances are they need that confession as they likely have no real evidence that he assaulted the child. But, it would not hurt to have an attorney on retainer, and that might cost about $1,500 - $2,500, and you might be able to get most of that back if no charges are ever pressed.

- Carl

Thank you

Thank you all for your replys. I will just have to wait then. hate to play the waiting game when we don't have any clue what is going on. Obviously they have no real evidence since my husband is still with me. I hope they do justice with people who can just accuse freely. Thank you all so much.

To Duranie, I did not get my husband in trouble even though i spoke with the other side its because This has never happened to us before and i needed answer.I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to know why they were doing this to us. After that day, we did not speak to them. We spoke to my friends who are cops and they told us not to speak with any one from that family. Thank you for your input.

I hope they do justice with people who can just accuse freely. Thank you all so much.
Unless the state can show that the allegation was made KNOWING that it was false, there will be nothing that can be done. People are permitted to be wrong. If the state punished everyone who was wrong, or everyone who reported a crime for which there was not enough evidence to proceed to trial, then no one would ever report any possible crimes.

- Carl

If there is lack of physical evidence and the claim is based primarily on the word of a 3 or 4 year old its not likely a conviction can be won. Less a confession. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back