Help Failure to Obtain VA Drivers Licence

Status
Not open for further replies.

water7547

I have a problem and I need some good advice. I am an actress and I have sick family here in Virginia. I am a legal resident of Mississippi, and I work in California and my Corporation is in Nevada. I was driving my Car registered in the State of California in Northern virginia to see one of my relatives. I have bought a small townhouose here in Virginia but have a home in Mississippi and I rent a room in a home in California for a place to stay while shooting there. I want to keep my residence in Mississippi for tax purposes. I got pulled over and the police officer gave me a ticket for two things failure to obtain a virginia drivers licence and not registering my vehicle here in Virginia.

How should I approach this?

What is the statute number?

What documented evidence do you have to prove you are a Mississippi resident?

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-308

§ 46.2-308. Temporary exemption for new resident licensed under laws of another state; privately owned vehicle driver's licenses.

A resident over the age of sixteen years and three months who has been duly licensed as a driver under a law of another state or country requiring the licensing of drivers shall, for the first sixty days of his residency in the Commonwealth, be permitted, without a Virginia license, to drive a motor vehicle on the highways of the Commonwealth.

Persons to whom military privately-owned vehicle driver's licenses have been issued by the Department of Defense shall, for the first sixty days of their residency in the Commonwealth, be permitted, without a Virginia license, to drive motor vehicles on the highways of the Commonwealth.

(1976, c. 17, § 46.1-355.1; 1989, cc. 705, 727; 1994, c. 356; 2002, cc. 755, 767, 834.)

Is this it?

Bills husband you know the usual etc.

No, I don't know; that's why I was asking.

Anyway, take every scrap of documentary evidence showing you are a Mississippi resident to court with you in Virginia.

Fishing license

Hunting license

Voter registration

Utility bills

Income tax returns

etc.

The problem is I am not going to court I was told to write to the court as I am in California right now working on a film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back