Help!! Desparate.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

chacho002

My husband gets $6400.00 a month from his pension and $2400.00 from Perm Disability (diabetic). He also has $10,000.00 in mutual funds and $60.000.00 in a anuity which will mature in 6 yrs. Im not on those accounts because I owe Citi Bank $360.00 and I haven't been able to pay it, but he has me as beneficary. We also bought a Mobile Home last year in July for $79,000.00, owing balance on this mobile home is $48,000.00.

We have been married 19 yrs, together 22 yrs. Can I get Alimony and any money he his has in the Bank

I receive $1287.00 a month from Perm Disabilty (bipolar). I can't make it on my own with this amount.

Last edited:
You seriously need to speak with an attorney.

You may be entitled to lifetime alimony.

But a message board really can't guide you, given the circumstances and the sources of your husband's assets.

OP, you need to discuss this with an attorney.

There are strategies and methods that a competent attorney can use to assist you.

There is little more that we can advise on this site.

Your case is far too complicated to address in a couple sentences.

Just a thought, because your situation is not unlike mine in some ways, in that you can't afford to retain an attorney, but you desperately need one. Have you contacted Legal Aid in your area? They may be willing to take your case since you have a permanent disability. I would also suggest trying NDRN (National Disability Rights Network) to see if they could help find you an advocate. Also, look around on the Calirornia Pro Bono site (sorry, I can't post links yet but you can google either one). The second site has some links to different pro bono clinics/lawyers in various parts CA and you may be able to find some help there. Good luck!

Just a thought, because your situation is not unlike mine in some ways, in that you can't afford to retain an attorney, but you desperately need one. Have you contacted Legal Aid in your area? They may be willing to take your case since you have a permanent disability. I would also suggest trying NDRN (National Disability Rights Network) to see if they could help find you an advocate. Also, look around on the Calirornia Pro Bono site (sorry, I can't post links yet but you can google either one). The second site has some links to different pro bono clinics/lawyers in various parts CA and you may be able to find some help there. Good luck!

That is a most EXCELLENT suggestion!

Thank you. I'm so new here. I'm glad to be helpful. I have looked up so much, but there's so little in my state. At least, I can put my googling to use to help another person in another state, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back