HELP! Bitter Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2kek

Hi my name is Dave and live on the west coast in Canada. I used to work for a computer company being an onsite technician. Long story short, i branched off my owns ways to start my own business. Here's the problem.

My ex-boss has put me collection for the following reasons.

1. He claims that i have 4 power supply units left with me. and has priced them at 79.95 each. Now these only cost $25. But i don't have 4 i had 1.

2. He gave me 2 uniform shirts that i still have. He's charging me 79.99 each. Now when i started working for him there was no wwritten agreement about returning shirts etc. I could still give them back?

3. There was a client that i had seen through the company, a few days later he had called my cell phone telling me he wanted a new computer. All fine and dandy i built him the computer and sold it to him "privately". Few days later my boss found out that i had done this. He then fired me and let me go without the rest of the pay i was supposed to receive that week, about 250$.
The customer never receieved an invoice through the company, and knew that he was buying the computer privately. Boss claims I "stole" this money from him and put me in collections. The bill he wants for this was 748$ because that's what i charged the customer. I built the computer myself, meaning i bought all the parts which were 400$ out of my own pocket. The rest was for labour and installation fees. Again i have never signed any written agreement of any sort.

4. He charged back 91.50$ from a previous customer that week. He had given it to me before all this happened because he still owed me money for the previous week. So i deducted the 91.50 off my pay that week and 250$ was left over. Now he wants it back but he still owes me from the last week of work. He just never payed me because of all of this.

Next question is what do i do?
He has made false claims against me to the collection agency. How do collection agencys work and could anyone just make false claims against someone?

Thanks any help will be much appreciated.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back