Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft help being railroaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

atnmsn

hi any help is well appreciated I am involved in a case in which I was employed by a nonprofit agency who restores houses for low income families. I was given 30,000 to rehab a house halfway through the project the executive director quit and the plug was pulled. the house is about at the midpoint of being done at this time also about 150 feet of sidewalk had been poured. the new director contacted me for receipts and money. I turned over receipts that totaled $15,000 and also informed him that a truck was purchased in lieu of my salary for the last two months that i worked for the non profit and i turned over the vehicle to him with the title(but they have yet to transfer the title) shortly after I was told I had a warrant for my arrest i turned my self in to find I was being charged with theft, receiving stolen property and deceptive business practices. the director claims I stole $22,000 he will not accept the receipts from the concrete job on the property nor give credit for the truck. I cannot afford a attorney and I do not qualify for a public defender. I had pictures and proof the statement the director had made as false but because I didn't have an attorney I didn't get to see the magistrate the D.A. has offered me 11 ½ to 23 if I plea. no one has investigated the supposed crime from the state. if they had they would have seen the work had been done. here are my questions
1. can a person be charged with theft and receiving stolen property of the same thing.
2. to be charged with deceptive business practices don't you have to have a business or make a false statement.
3. because he has not given credit for the truck or transferred the title can I take it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back