Hello I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissLaura

Hey. I just registered, so wanted to put myself out there and perhaps meet some like-minded individuals to debate cases, establish friendship, research projects, etc with.

My name is Laura. I'm 26, living in England, and just beginning my MSc in forensic psychology come October. I also have interests in forensic linguistics and forensic graphology that I hope to gain qualifications in sometime in the future.

I am currently working on a new project/research that some of you might be interested in helping me with. I am looking in to the history, the who, why, when, what, etc of acid attacks across the globe, with particular focus on their increase in western cultures and the psychology behind that.

I am also looking into ideas and options for UK prison reform, and hope to advocate for change when it comes to the convicted warehouse machine that the justice system has become.

I am also an avid lover of books, podcasts, and cats. [emoji4]

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

These are message boards where folks with questions about U.S. legal issues seek basic/general information about the law.

These are message boards where folks with questions about U.S. legal issues seek basic/general information about the law.
I was hoping to gain insight into U.S legislation and due process when it comes to attacks on people. What is accessibility like compared to other countries, what is the punishment, what are the safeguards in place... I figured that might be something I'd find help with on here. I apologize if I was wrong in that assumption. I meant nothing by it.

If you're looking for a date I suggest another forum more suited to that.
I don't appreciate the implication here, and I have already apologised for my misunderstanding of this forum and its members. There is no need to be rude about it.

What is accessibility like compared to other countries

Not sure what you mean by "accessibility." Nor do I have any knowledge of any other country's legal system.

what is the punishment

Punishment for what? You mentioned "attacks on people," but that's awfully vague. Also, you should be aware that most criminal prosecutions are handled on the state level, and each state's laws are different.

what are the safeguards in place.

Safeguards for what?

I figured that might be something I'd find help with on here.

It is, but you'll need to ask less vague questions.

I was hoping to gain insight into U.S legislation and due process when it comes to attacks on people. What is accessibility like compared to other countries, what is the punishment, what are the safeguards in place... I figured that might be something I'd find help with on here. I apologize if I was wrong in that assumption. I meant nothing by it.

This is a forum site that is manned by volunteers who may or may not have law degrees who may or may not be educated in area of law of your concern. This person or persons answering you may not be in same jurisdiction as laws vary. (see disclaimer at bottom of page) If you want actual "legal" info contact a lawyer not a website

Given that Laura hasn't been back since August, I think we can shut this down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back