Hearing for appeal on child removal

Myrtle alarcon

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I have had custody of my grandsons, physical custody for 8 years, legally for 3.
Someone made an allegation for neglect, and CPS showed up.
She continued her investigation for several months because of continued calls.
My grandsons would not go back to counciling, or attend school.
I put my youngest grandson in an online program for his high school program, due to his unruly behavior in school.
When CPS worker asked why I did not make them go to school. I told her I woke them every morning, but could not physically make them go to school.
She suggested an in home councilor to help me control the boys behavior.
We agreed, signed papers, and waited.
Omni, the organization they choose for the referral never called or showed.
The CPS did a referral to youth villiage and the worker showed up. We talked, she talked to the boys, sessions were agreed on by all.
Before the ink was dry on the papers they came to remove my children.
This was in May of 2017.
An incident involving a drugged out aquaintence of my son showed up at my home and an altercation between the kids and him ensued.
This man had been banned from my home because he had shown up before high.
I was in my room with the TV on, and did not hear the altercation until near the end.
My grandson was stabbed in the head, my grand nephew was cut across the face, and another boy was stabbed.
You would think they would have removed the children then.
The incident occurred on March 13, 20017.
My sister's grandson who lives with her was removed by CPS on May 12, 2016.
He came to my house to hide, without my knowledge.
CPS worker came to my house with a police officer, I walked down from work ( 400 feet from my house)to see what was going on.
I tried all the doors and yelled to see if anyone was home. No answer.
I didn't take my house key to work because someone is always home.
She accused me of lying, but left.
Later that night, she apparently came back.
I was in bed. I had taken 2 Tylenol pms so I could sleep.
I had broken my foot and it was my first day back at work.
She could not wake me up by pounding on the door so she called my sister and told her that " she knew I was in there, and if I didn't open the door, my kids would be taken next."
My sister called me an wakes me up.
I go to the door half awake and scared.
Policeman shines his flashlight in my face.
I tell him to get it out of my face.
The CPS worker asks to come in. I was going to let her in, but she got an attitude with me, I said some thing back to her and the policeman told me to" shut up and don't talk to her that way."
I cuss them both, tell them to come back with a warrant, and slam the door.
Next day, she shows up with a removal order for my grandson's.
This is not my caseworker.
I had to make them get my caseworker to come.
My caseworker had been to my home just 3 days prior and had said all was good.
I know this was a vindictive act.
We went to court. I lost custody.
Not my fault judge says.
Now I have filled an appeal.
What do I have to have at the hearing to see if my appeal will be granted.
Any help appreciated.

When CPS worker asked why I did not make them go to school. I told her I woke them every morning, but could not physically make them go to school.

That simple admission allowed the state to seal you in your coffin.

That is why you might wish to view these videos, in case you should ever be confronted with "talk" or "don't talk" to the police or any government official:

What do I have to have at the hearing to see if my appeal will be granted.

Convincing evidence that the action taken was unnecessary or improper, and that you are able to adequately care for these boys and control them.
It seems to me that they are beyond your control and there is a legitimate interest in removing them and making them wards of the state.

Seriously, you are not fit to raise these kids. You don't hear them being attacked with a knife?? You don't make them go to school. You cursed at the police and a CPS caseworker. You don't hear someone pounding on your door. Your other grandkid/nephew/cousin was hiding out at your place as he was removed from his grandparent's home. You don't mention any parents of these kids, nor why you would wait until CPS got involved to look into counseling. You are in over your head and it doesn't sound like you have a great support system or functional family to help. I'm not sure why you are so insistent that the boys should remain with you if you have no control over them and they are ending up badly injured while in your care.

Back