Health Insurance Going Back On Their Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizbeautiful

I had a son in 2008 and at my 6wk checkup, i discussed birth control with my doctor. we chose an implanon rod which lasts 3yrs and with my health insurance with bluecross blueshield, i only had to pay a $20 copay. It was affordable. well now i want it taken out and they will not cover it. not only that; they told me it wasnt suppose to be covered in 2008 and i was going to have to pay for it to have gotten put in and to get it taken out at full price, which is about $900. can they legally do this? we're ready for another child but need to know how to handle this matter

What does your policy say about removal at less than 3 years? Did you ASK them if the removal would be with a $20 copay?

The thing is they told me it wasn't suppose to be covered whatsoever. so, the 20 copay should have been the full price. if i would have known this, i never would have gotten it. so now i want to know if i could sue them to have it taken out at the same price or pay for it to get it taken out because i will not pay the full amount on something they were dishonest or careless about and have me pay for their mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back