Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Health and Welfare Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larmor19

Health and Welfare Search
Tennessee:

While on vacation My vehicle had been in my Driveway for approx 3 days without moving. My neighbours concerned for my safety called the police. They arrived and contacted my parents who in turn told them they did not know where I was but could contact someone that may know. They did call my wife's parents and they in turn told them that I was OK and was on vacation. They also gave the investigator the number and they also called them and confirmed this. They investigators also called my ex-wife and she called friends who confirmed that I was out of state on vacation. at this point the officers had already entered the home, after receiving two confirmations that I was not inside in any danger. Upon entering the home the searched and found a small marijuana garden that I had for personal uses only.

I am now being charged with a class c felony of manufacturing with the intent to distribute. What are my rights.

I feel there was absolutely no justification to enter the home. There were no firearms and no reason to believe that I was even in the home at all. My neighbour across the street even told the officers that she thought I was on vacation. This did not deter the officers from kicking in the door and leaving the residence unsecured and all the lights on. My uses of marijuana are personal use which is still illegal but I prefer to not buy or sell.
Edit/Delete Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back