Having problems with Munincipal Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

smcangeleyes

I purchased my home approx. 10 years ago and have been living there the entire time sometime with room mates and some times alone. Recently I met someone and moved to Maryland with him and continued to let my room mate keep the house. She was looking for a room mate to replace me to help her with the bills and now since she stuck an add in the newspaper trying to find a room mate now the water authority sent me a certified letter telling me that they are not charging me for an additional water and sewage tap fee of 5,200.00 and commercial rate charge for water and waste water removal and stated that i changed it into an apartment complex. I called them and told them that i did not make any renovations to the home it is still just a single home but they are still wanting to charge me in total well over 6,000 dollars and more than doubles my monthly water bill. Is this legal. I know of at least 2 other residents on my block alone that either live in a room mate situation and even another one that purchased a apartment and "changed" it into a single family home but still have 2 - 3 separate addresses but they are not doing anything to them. Can anyone please help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back