Having a baby

Winters1693

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Hi an English girl and I'm with an Albanian.. I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant a with his baby but he is not legal in the uk... Will I still be able to put him on my baby birth certificate as I don't want to be leaving it blank with no name of who the father is and I want my baby to have his last name please help.

You might run it by a "lawyer" in your area or do a google search for a UK law forum.

Hi an English girl and I'm with an Albanian.. I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant a with his baby but he is not legal in the uk... Will I still be able to put him on my baby birth certificate as I don't want to be leaving it blank with no name of who the father is and I want my baby to have his last name please help.
I'm not a UK attorney, licensed on in the US but generally have an idea about these issues (and easy to research.) If you're a legal citizen in the UK then the child should be a legal UK citizen. I don't believe that you have a restriction on surname (other than the rather liberal restrictions on names in general in the UK.) But I think you're probably best off seriously considering talking to someone about the naming your child, especially if expect that your baby's father may not be a part of the child's life. If things go sour, you've got a solid reminder every time you see your child's name. This is a serious decision and I think that the law is the least of your problems here. Good luck to you, your child and your relationship.

Back