Have signed contract- not getting what was promised

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkesel

Recently my wife signed a contract for a new position at her work. Part of the contract stated she would receive a large amount of back-pay on the date the contract was signed. That was around December 7th. It is now January 2nd and she still has not received the back pay, and on top of that there was another bonus check that was held by her company because they froze both payments when they "launched an internal investigation". She was promised that the investigation would be complete by December 28th and that any monies found to be owed her would be paid by the 31st. Like I said, today is January 2nd. Still no payments. What legal steps should we take next? We're talking about over $20K of her pay she's been promised and has not gotten.

If you feel they are withholding the money illegally, I suggest you consult a local lawyer regarding the enforceability of her contract. Many times, companies leave loopholes in these, that provide them flexibility.

Any time a contract is involved, it should always be reviewed by a local employment or contract attorney. Someone who can read the complete contract including the fine print & give his/her opinion.

It is noted that your post is from Jan. & this may have been resolved by now. Posted for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back