Have questions

R

Rbru35

Jurisdiction
Missouri
My dad and a guy had an altercation that I wasn't involved in but 15 minutes later same guy rear ended me and the sheriff's department is saying that the wreck was part of the altercation and considering charging me with reckless driving. Since December 2010 I've had 1 speeding ticket with no accidents and the guy that rear ended me has 2 tickets and 3 wrecks since January 2014. He pleaded the tickets for failure the stop done to faulty equipment to avoid points. How can my accident be my fault or is the law using the good old boy system?

You have the right to your day in a court of law in Missouri.
The matter which concerns you won't be resolved via the Internet.
The lesson here is to simply obey all of their laws 24/7/365.
Never take the law into your own hands, report trouble to the proper authorities.
If you're involved in a vehicle accident, report the incident PROMPTLY to your automobile insurer.
Fault in any vehicle collision isn't determined by the police who issue traffic citations.
Fault, blame, lability, insofar as a motor vehicle collision is determined and assessed by the courts in your state.

You have the right to your day in a court of law in Missouri.
The matter which concerns you won't be resolved via the Internet.
The lesson here is to simply obey all of their laws 24/7/365.
Never take the law into your own hands, report trouble to the proper authorities.
If you're involved in a vehicle accident, report the incident PROMPTLY to your automobile insurer.
Fault in any vehicle collision isn't determined by the police who issue traffic citations.
Fault, blame, lability, insofar as a motor vehicle collision is determined and assessed by the courts in your state.
I feel I was obeying the law. I was driving at 50-55mph in a 55 mph zone. I've never had trouble with the law except for the speeding ticket I mentioned. I'm just wondering how an altercation I knew nothing about until after the guy wrecked me can be put on me.

Also the law never talked to me just the man that rear ended me.

I feel I was obeying the law. I was driving at 50-55mph in a 55 mph zone. I've never had trouble with the law except for the speeding ticket I mentioned. I'm just wondering how an altercation I knew nothing about until after the guy wrecked me can be put on me.

Also the law never talked to me just the man that rear ended me.

I'm just a clueless dummy operating somewhere from the Internet.

You can ask the police, litigate the matter in court, seek a fortune teller, buy a crystal ball, look in the tea leaves, shake them old chicken bones, or see a soothsayer; because I'm just a clueless, uninvolved dummy; and I have no way of knowing why the police "picked" you, dude.

I suggest you hire a lawyer, defend yourself in court, not on the Internet.

Good luck, mate.

I've talked to several attorneys about this matter and they all seem just as lost as I am about the matter. I figured I'd just see if anybody else had ever heard a situation like this. I really appreciate the advice cause when you don't get in legal trouble you really ain't sure what to do.

I've talked to several attorneys about this matter and they all seem just as lost as I am about the matter. I figured I'd just see if anybody else had ever heard a situation like this. I really appreciate the advice cause when you don't get in legal trouble you really ain't sure what to do.

You get it, mate.
I've always been taught, and I continue to teach, DON'T BREAK ANY IF THEIR LAWS.
I go out of my to avoid breaking their laws.
Why?
I don't want to die as a caged slave in one of their penal colony plantations.

I agree. I like being free that's why I have kept clean for all my life.

Maybe you can take traffic school to get rid of that citation.

You might decide to plead not guilty, defend yourself, and disprove the liar's "testilies" that said his collision into the back of your car was your fault.

I think someone lied on you to get back at your pops.

The police can say whatever they like on the side of the road. Saying that they are "considering" charging you with something is pretty meaningless. The bottom line is worry about it if you get charged. Right now there is nothing to worry about.

The collision should have been reported to your insurance company and absent any court proceedings they, along with your adversary's insurance firm, will determine fault. To reiterate, police do not determine fault and the police accident report is inadmissible in court.

I am wondering what the nexus is here between your collision and your father's "altercation". How can officers responding to a collision just come up with the fact that you are related to anyone and that the two incidents are related???

"Also the law never talked to me just the man that rear ended me." There's your explanation right there. There's no telling what kind of tale he spun.

Back