Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Have I been discriminated against?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ribengals

I was wondering if I was discriminated against here. My wife and I have a joint credit union account with my mother in law where my wife's mother works. I had been going inside the company where my mother in law works for over two years to the credit union to pay on my car loan. One day in November of last year, one of the security guards stopped me at the entrance to the building and would not let me inside. I had never seen this guard before and multiple other guards had let me proceed without issue for two years. Please read the letter I wrote to the company.

Sirs:

I would like to bring to your attention an incident I had with an employee at your company on November 20, 2007. I was on my way to the Credit Union to pay on my monthly car loan that is taken out of that branch. I was stopped at the security shack and was asked by the guard on duty if I was an employee. I stated that I was not, but my Mother-in-Law was and I have an account with the credit union myself and that I was on my way to pay on my loan. The guard then stated that I could not go in unless I was an employee of the company. I ask him why and that I had been coming there for the last two years with no issues and furthermore, what was the point of having an account at Chadwick if I cannot access it! The guard then called his supervisor, Mark B, and described the situation to him. After a brief conversation with Mr. B he came back to me and said that he received confirmation from his boss that I was not allowed access and was to leave immediately. Upon hearing this I lost my temper and told him "I am not going to have a bad credit rating because you do not know what you are talking about and I'm going in and you do what you got to do."

In hindsight, this was not the best course of action, but you can understand my frustration in not being allowed to access my money where I have an account or pay my loan that was due on that day. I parked my vehicle and was confronted at the main entrance by Mr. B and was told to leave. I asked him why and he replied that I was told to leave by the guard and in his words, "told the guard to screw" which I did not. I never said anything even close to that to the guard. I asked him why it has not been a problem for the last two years with multiple guards signing me, but today it is. He again told me to leave or he was calling the police, so I left without paying my loan.

Mr. B was confrontational, in my face, rude, arrogant, and made me feel like a criminal while stopping me at the main entrance. An employee witnessed this entire confrontation on his way into the building. I left the facility very angry and in total disbelief that a large company with a good reputation in the community would hire such a thuggish brute as its Security Manager.

I am still very angry, disappointed in your company, and even considered legal action. I am demanding a face-to-face apology from Mr. B. I would also like to know the official company policy regarding who is allowed entrance to the credit union.

This incident was in November of 2007 and I have learned from my mother in law that they finally came to a decision this month. The decision is that they will allow people who have accounts with the credit union access inside, but I am not allowed on the property. Can they legally keep me from my money? Plus, during this whole time I know for a fact that there have been dozens of "non employees" allowed inside. I really feel like I am being discriminated against. They say I am not allowed onto the property because I "trespassed." How can it be trespassing if I was going there for two years? Also, they do not have the decency to even tell me. They told my mother in law instead.

I was wondering if I was discriminated against here.

Yes, you most certainly were discriminated against.

It is not illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back