Permanent Residency Have green card, tax problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandabear4696

I could use any help any one can offer me. I have been in the United States since 1978, I have had a green card since then. Since 9/11 the laws have gotten much tougher on immagrents. In 2003 I reapplied for my green card, paid the fee and was given a temporary card tillmy original would come in the mail. Till Feb. of 2004 I never even thought about my green card and the fact that I hadn't received it. In 2004 I was going to apply for a new job, and they had noticed my temporary green card had expired. I contact the INS office that I filed at, and they instructed me to come back to there office with all documentation stating the card had been paid for, and they would issue me a new card. I did as they asked and they explained to me that my paperwork would have to be sent onto Vermont USA to be processed because thisn is there new processing center. A few weeks had gone by and I contacted a customer service associated in Vermont who informed me that my paperwork must have gotten lost in the mail because they never received it. I sent this information certified, and the certification slip was stamped at the Vermont facility. I have been getting the run around for almost 3 years now, and my paperwork has been lost twice now. In the mean time I am unable to work in the United States till this matter is handled and I receive my green card. I have paid taxes, I have worked in this country since 1979 and all I ask is to be treated fairly. I paid my fee for mt card and for three years I haven't received it, in 2 year it's going to be due again for me to renew my card that I don't have. I am on the verge of losing my home because I can not be gainedfully employeed, and if I step on the wrong toes at INS I could be deported. Could someone please help me and tell me what I can do about all of this, I would be forever greatful. I don't want to lose my home and my family. PLEASE HELP!!!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back