have a few questions

C

cassB

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Hello, well Thursday evening my now ex bf decided he was going to break into my house and put his hands on me choke me, throw me around and bash my head into the floor several times in front of my daughter upon by mother coming home as it happened the cops were called. Cops showed up but did nothing but make me get his stuff and made him leave. Because of the report filed now DCFS came to my door doing an investigation of her safety and we'll being, I am planning on getting an order of protection against him. But (as stupid as this sounds) don't want it to ruin the rest of his life considering he just graduated criminal justice and is in the process of testing for cook county corections officer and looking for cities hiring. Is that going to affect that? because I don't want him to lash out on me and do something stupid.

Typical battered woman syndrome. Making stupid excuses for the man who beat you and choked you and WILL KILL YOU next time regardless of what you do so you might as well throw him under the bus.

Hello, well Thursday evening my now ex bf decided he was going to break into my house and put his hands on me choke me, throw me around and bash my head into the floor several times in front of my daughter upon by mother coming home as it happened the cops were called. Cops showed up but did nothing but make me get his stuff and made him leave. Because of the report filed now DCFS came to my door doing an investigation of her safety and we'll being, I am planning on getting an order of protection against him. But (as stupid as this sounds) don't want it to ruin the rest of his life considering he just graduated criminal justice and is in the process of testing for cook county corections officer and looking for cities hiring. Is that going to affect that? because I don't want him to lash out on me and do something stupid.

Get the protection order. He will not stop. It will not ruin his life and who cares if it does? He tried to kill you. In front of your daughter.

Also if he's charged and found guilty of this crime against you, he can kiss his correctional job goodbye.

Get the order. Go find somewhere to stay with family or friends and don't tell him. Cut off contact. Show up to court and testify if you are subpoenaed. Don't drop this.

HE doesn't matter. YOU and YOUR DAUGHTER are what matters. Trust me. I was in an abusive relationship with my ex-husband for four years. I should've kept the first protection order in place for the whole year but I dropped it after two months. I did get my daughter out of it and don't regret her but my life would be a lot better if I had kept the order because he didn't contact me while it was in place.

Don't worry about the protection order. If you need it then get it.
Whether or not you obtain the order he will be required to disclose this incident and any background investigator will have access to the police reports. If he tries to conceal it he won't get hired.
Not obtaining the order won't protect him in the way you think it might.

Back